Emeka Okwuosa is a seasoned engineer, administrator, entrepreneur and a visionary with over 33 years of experience in engineering in the following areas: maintenance and operations, teaching, wireline logging and interpretation, seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation, pipeline engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), project management, drilling and drilling services. Some of these activities span Europe, North Africa, West Africa, Gulf of Guinea/Central Africa and Indonesia. Emeka worked in various capacities for Schlumberger in positions that spanned Field Engineer to Technical Manager in the following parts of the World; Europe (Pau, France, Scotland), North Africa (Libya), West Africa (Mauritania, Senegal, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana), Gulf of Guinea/Central Africa (Nigeria, Benin Republic, Cameroun, Gabon, Congo and Angola) and Indonesia.
Emeka is the founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the following companies:
OILSERV LIMITED: Pipeline/Facilities EPC & Maintenance Company (has wide ranging activities in the Niger Delta and across Nigeria; a major player in actualization of the Gas Master Plan in Nigeria – domestic gas distribution plan). OILSERV is ISO 9001:2008 certified. OILSERV LIMITED currently operates in other African countries, viz: Uganda, Kenya, Ghana, Benin Republic and Togo.
FRAZIMEX ENGINEERING LIMITED: An Engineering design company (front end and detail engineering). Activities cover Pipelines, Facilities, Civil Engineering works, Instruments, Electrical, etc.
FRAZOIL EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION (E & P) LIMITED: An Exploration and Production Company (E&P), Owner of Blocks 1 & 3 Offshore Republic of Benin.
FRAZPOWER LIMITED: A Gas Development company (Gas-To-Power). The strategic vision is to deliver at least 10 TCF of gas reserves in the next 10 years leveraging sources at varying levels of go-to-market readiness. FRAZPOWER has signed and Agreement with Togolese Government to provide gas for 200MW capacity power plants as a substitute to the current use of fuel oil.
FRAZPOWER is working on providing Distributed Power solutions to industries in Anambra and Enugu States in order to assure power delivery and capacity utilization and enhancement. This is done via Virtual Pipelines systems (micro-LNG and CNG solutions).
EKCEL FARMS LIMITED: This is an industrial farming establishment that is structured to farm and develop Cassava and Tomato products for both local and export purposes. Total land area to be utilized is 3,000 hectares and will employ upwards of 2,000 workers. The first phase is costing about one hundred and fifty million dollars ($150m).
CROWN ENERGY RESOURCES LTD: This is a solids mineral extraction company. It has currently developed a modern quarry at Akamkpa in Cross River State.
Emeka is a 1982 graduate of Electronics and Electrical Engineering from the University of IFE, ILE-IFE, Nigeria.
Emeka is a member of the following Professional bodies;
- Society of Professional Well Log Analysts (SPWLA)
- Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria (PETAN)
- Pipeline Professional Association of Nigeria (PLAN)
- Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
Emeka has received several awards in the course of practice of Oil and Gas EPC services all over the World, namely:
- Award of Excellence by the Physics Department of the University of Nigeria Nsukka in 2006
- OTC/PETAN Awards of Excellence in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 , 2013, 2014 and 2015
- US Africa International Oil & Gas Leadership Award, Best of Africa 2013
- Award of the Best CEO of the year 2013
- Award of the Best CSR Company of the year 2013
- Keyman Award of Excellence by the Enugu Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (ECCIMA) in February, 2014
- Award of Excellence by the Nanotechnology Research Group of the Physics Department and Astronomy, University of Nigeria Nsukka in 2014
- 2014 Oil and Gas Industry achievement Award
- 2014 Distinguished Achievement Award
Emeka is the founder of Sir Chukwuemeka Okwuosa Foundation. Through this foundation, Emeka has continued to provide the following:
- Poverty alleviation through capacity building.
- Provision of basic amenities like roads, water, etc
- Development of agricultural capacity of local farmers
- Provision of adequate security of lives for rural dwellers
- Provision of scholarships and grants for education of indigent families
- Encouragement of bright students via recognition and prize giving
- Skill Acquisition programs for artisans, etc
- Support of State and Local Governments in various progressive programs that benefit the populace generally, etc security schemes.
- Medical programs: provision/sponsor of various medical programs geared towards alleviating medical situations of local populace in Anambra State.
Emeka is a Knight of St. Christopher (KSC) of the Anglican Communion. He is married with three (3) children.