Ladies and Gentlemen
I welcome you all to this 9 Million Man-hours LTI-free milestone celebration with great joy.
This achievement affirms that the company’s philosophy which involves the integration and alignment of HSE elements and aspects at the initial planning stages and through to execution and completion stages of our planned activities and projects is yielding the desired results.
In view of the current serious down-turn and challenges in the oil and gas sector in Nigeria and across the Globe, the Shareholders and Management are particularly glad at the achievement of this laudable feat. Therefore I say A BIG THANK YOU on their behalf to our entire workforce whose contributions culminated to this milestone. Accidents are very costly and that is why we must continue to ensure we operate safely and within the ambits of relevant regulations.
Ladies & gentlemen let us continue to improve on our overall HSE performance, by beating our records and setting higher goals and standards for ourselves. The HSE e-learning programme embarked upon by the company is one way we want to improve on our personnel HSE knowledge and awareness. ENDURING HSE CULTURE that permeates the length and breadth of any safety-conscious organisation requires attitudinal (behavioural) changes in the workforce as well, hence the need for such staff training. Management will continue to provide all necessary support, resources-wise to aid us in achieving LTI-Free operation.
As we award souvenirs and plaques of recognition and commendation to some of our personnel that contributed in making this happen, I urge our staff especially supervisors and managers to continue to be good “Role Models” and Safety Champions for their subordinates and team members to emulate.
Safety they say is every body’s responsibility.
Engr. Charles Odita
Managing Director / CEO
Midwestern Oil and Gas Company Ltd.
9 Million Man-Hours LTI-Free Gallery
HSE (Health, Safety & Environment)
For us, at Midwestern Oil and Gas Company, the health and safety of all who work with us is vital. We aim to protect staff, contractors, consultants and others who work with us, and to train them on a regular basis about health and safety measures and to ensure compliance with regulations in this domain. To this end, we have a health and safety policy in place, with the following key objectives:
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health and provide adequate control of health and safety risk arising from work activities.
- To provide adequate training to ensure employees are competent to do their work.
- To engage and consult with employees on day-to-day health and safety conditions and provide advice and supervision on occupational health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions, provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery, and ensure safe storage/use of substances.
- First- aid boxes, well-equipped and adequately staffed clinics are provided at our work places.
- Our health and safety team are proactively and regularly reviewing our operations to ensure that the health and safety implications are documented and adequate provisions made to address potential problems.