Who We Are
Midwestern Oil & Gas Company Limited was incorporated in 1999 and commenced operations in 2001. The Company is owned by a group of Nigerian Investors and Delta State Government.
In 2003, the Company was awarded 70% interest in Umusadege Field located in OML 56 which is situated at the northern area of Delta State, Nigeria. Midwestern is the operator of the field with SunTrust Oil Company Ltd its JV Partner holds 30% interest which is jointly held by Mart Umusadege Resources Nigeria Ltd. the Risk Service Provider of Midwestern. Midwestern commenced its upstream activities in 2005.
Sequel to field activities, first oil was achieved in the Umusadege Field in 2008 at flow rates of around 3,000bopd from re-entry of the Umusadege-1 well. This has been rapidly increased to approximately 25,000bopd through additional development drilling efforts. A total of fifteen (15) wells have been drilled to date.
Vision and Mission
Our Vision is to be a leading independent E & P Company with a diversified portfolio of hydrocarbon assets.
Our Mission is to explore and develop hydrocarbon in a safe, environmentally friendly and cost efficient manner.
- Peaceful coexistence with our host communities.
- Approvals as and when required from the MPR and DPR.
- Competent and committed Technical Partnership.
- Successful evacuation of our hydrocarbon products.
- A competent and dedicated staff.
- Credible HSE plans and performance.
- Adequate controls for all activities.
- Availability of funds as required for defined objectives.
- Communication flow with all stakeholders.
We work together, towards a common goal to achieve even more.
- We create sustainable financial performance for our shareholders, wemaintain the environment and support the government through our contribution to a viable economy.
- We develop our host communities and cultivate a knowledgeable and motivated workforce.
We perform our tasks to our highest ability and accept responsibility for all our actionsandresults
We practice high ethical standards and honour our commitments.
We treat all individuals, institutions, our workforce and our host communitieswith the highest regard and consideration. We honour the rights of all.