Significant social projects and deep involvements with the communities where we operate are vital and integral parts of the way we do business. We enthusiastically participate in the activities of our local communities, and we're constantly fostering mutually beneficial relationships with them.
We are driven by the need to reduce poverty, empower the communities and generate employment for the youth. We strive to achieve this by recognizing and helping to meet the needs and expectations of these communities.
Our involvement takes the forms of direct social investments, which are selected in consultation with the communities and relate to those they deem are most vital and urgent.
The following are some of the initiatives we have carried out:
- Awarded contracts and sub-contracts to community based contractors
- Employment of over 200 people (on an ad-hoc basis) by our contractors and sub-contractors, from inception to date
- Rehabilitation of Umusadege Community Obi Ogwa
- Provisioned 7Nos 500kva electric Transformer to the communities
- Provisioned street lights in Kwale Township [From Utagba-Uno street junction to Ogume/Ogwuashi-Uku road junction
- Rehabilitation of Akala, Otu- Obiofu, Ipo, Udeaka street
- Financial and moral support for host community's festivals
- Provisioned 9 Tricycles to Umusadege community to boost Mass transit
- Provisioned one Toyota Hiace Bus for mass transit
- Provisioned One Toyota Hilux Pick-up Van to assist with communal security
- Engaged over 98 youths (Males and Females) in various skill acquisition programmes
- Trained youths in bolted tank building
- Engaged over 40 youths in drilling operations since 2010
- Empowered all Age grades with running contracts (Youths, Ofashis, Inotus, CDC members and landowners) in the areas of fumigation, solid waste disposal, labour supply, minor contracts, clearing and maintenance of lawn etc
- Extended employment opportunities to the host communities [drivers, office assistants, safety officers, medics and Crane Operators]
- Provisioned starter packs [ hair dressers] to forty-eight  beneficiaries of the company's skill acquisition programme in 2013