Our CSR initiatives are designed to contribute to economic development of the host communities while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as that of the society at large.
Our CSR Activities
Our Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives allow us to serve the interest of our stakeholders by considering the impact of our activities on them. Our stakeholders include employees, host communities, related government agencies, regulators, other stakeholders and the environment.
Midwestern’s CSR efforts extend beyond philanthropic activities and reach out to the integration of social and business goals. Our areas of primary focus is our host communities namely Umusadege, Umusam and Ogbeani. We sometimes extend the reach our activities to impact the larger Utagbe-ogbe, Ndokwa West LGA and Delta State in general. And from time to time, Midwestern supports the community around our Head-Quarters in Lekki, Lagos State.
Our CSR focus is primarily on:
- Eliminate Extreme Poverty & Hunger
- Ensure Environmental Sustainability
- Global Partnership for Development
As a result, we have devised the following initiatives in line with globally recognized standards:
- Supporting schools in the community by providing educational infrastructure Education
- Promoting and supporting community healthcare through our medical outreach program
- Implementing sustainable environmental projects including ensuring that our electrical fixtures in our MOU projects are solar powered
- Implementing water projects including construction of numerable boreholes
- Infrastructural development through the construction of roads and drainages
- Training of youths in our skills acquisition program
- Poverty Alleviation through job creation and career advancement
- Implementing rural agricultural programs